Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bula,

Sounds like you all have had a good week with all of the stuff you have done.

As for me everything is grand, but I'm not feeling too hot right now. I think something I ate isn't really cooperating with me right now, so this might be a short e-mail, haha.

Lini is still doing way good. We'll set a baptismal date with her tomorrow for the 27th I think, so that is good. No worries with her, I don't think she has missed a Sunday since she started taking the lessons.

We did a missionary fireside last night that went way good. There were about 20 investigators there, so there is a lot of work to be done. Most of it will be done by the sisters that we share this area with, so that will be good.

As for the office it is getting less and less frustrating as the days go by. I still have a bunch to learn but it doesn't bug me anymore, haha.  It will come in time. There are two senior couples coming in like a month, one is going to Vanua Levu and the other was supposed to go to Taveuni, but President Klingler switched their assignment to come work in the office. So, when they get here I'll train them for a bit then hopefully after one or two more months I can get transferred somewhere cool where they actually speak Fijian. Because so far all of the wards I have served in have all been English speaking and most of the people I'm around aren't Fijian, therefore my Fijian hasn't really improved. So I'm praying for an outer island where they only speak Fijian.

Anyway, I'm not feeling too hot, so…

Peace and Blessings,


Elder Hanke

Short letter this week.  I hope Garrett has access to his favorite pink beverage, Pepto Bismol.  Very glad to hear that he is adjusting to the office - but of course he's still holding on to the hope of being transferred to the jungle.  I don't think he'll ever let go of that dream! 

Thanks to all of for your support, love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment