Sunday, July 31, 2011

What is up my family and friends, ha!

So real quick, the whole bank dealio is no big deal, haha. My card for the mission that we get support on isn't really working either, so I've just decided that as far as money goes it will be a long two years, haha! But I know it’s all good, things like this just figure themselves out. SEGA NA LEGA.

Anyways…. as far as the week is going, it’s like every other day in the office, which is extremely frustrating. Either I don't know something, or something is wrong with a landlord, or something is up, but it all makes things quite hard. We had a meeting with President Klingler about next year’s budget and how it will work out, so the whole week we were trying to figure that all out. Also, he gave me like four novels to read about my job, haha. They are just these church training materials about finance, computers, vehicles and supplies. Most of them are like 100 stinkin’ pages long, so I haven't finished them yet either. Snap.

Anyways, I heard a quote that solves all of my stresses: "Pray like everything is in God’s hands, and work like everything is in your hands.”  So pretty much we need to ask God for help in all that we do, but when we are done praying, we should just go out and do everything we’re supposed to do to the best of our abilities. By the end we can look back and see Heavenly Father’s influence in our lives, with Him helping us in the right direction. This goes for everything in life.
  
Earlier this week we were working in the office and a man came up to us saying that there was a guy down stairs who was asking for a blessing, so we grabbed the oil and went on down.  After talking with him for a little while we found out a bit about him (his name, where he lives, how long he has been a member, and all that kind of stuff). He told us that he was baptized three years ago with the rest of his family, but he is the only one that lives in Suva (they live in Nadi). He told us that a while back he had fallen at his construction job and since then his leg has been hurting really bad, but he can't afford to go to the doctor. So my companion anointed him with the oil and I sealed it and gave him a blessing. During the blessing I felt like I was watching myself give it. Instead of being in control of what I was saying, I was just standing and someone else was talking through me. At the end of the blessing I said that the promises therein would be given based on that person’s faithfulness and believing that they could come true with the power by which they were given. Afterwards I felt really good but kind of scared because of the things which were promised. So he left still limping and that was it. A couple days later he came back in saying that he was able to start working again and that his leg no longer was hurting him. He told us how much of a blessing it was because his daughter hadn't been in school for the past few months because they couldn't afford it, and he said when she found out she was going back that she was the happiest he has ever seen her, haha! I was dying this whole time. It was so freaking awesome/cool/amazing/the BOMB.  So therefore, this is for real, no doubt. I love the fact that I get to serve.

Other than that it was a pretty normal week. I have a blast at the flat with my comp and the AP’s, they are freaking funny. But this is the bomb, and I appreciate you all for supporting me so much.

PEACE AND BLESSINGS,



Elder Garrett Hanke

Just a reminder on the “translations”:

SEGA  NA LEGA = No worries
The BOMB = Really cool
AP’s = Assistants to the President (missionaries that also work in the office)

I guess I probably don’t really need to “translate” anymore; you all probably have this lingo figured out.  I keep thinking that Garrett will get past using it, but then it wouldn’t really seem like he was the one doing the writing if the lingo wasn't there any more, right? :)

He still seems to be pretty frustrated with working in the office, but he also seems to realize what he needs to do to get through it.  I love the quote that he shared in the letter, definitely words to live by.

Thanks to everyone for your support, have a great week, we love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment