Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bula Vinaka

Wow, what a sweet week, haha, I don't even really remember anything because it was so fun. I'm not sure what to talk about. Right now in Suva is like the biggest event in the whole Pacific besides the Rugby World Cup.  It’s called Hibiscus, it’s like a really ghetto carnival that goes on for the whole week, so there are about twice as many people as normal.  It’s pretty fun, we can go today since it’s P-day, but just for a little while though. Other than that though, things are pretty much the same, life is just really good.  I was able to teach a little bit more this week, but other than that it was pretty much the same. It’s just getting easier in the office and what not so I'm super stoked about that. I wish I had cool stories about investigators for you but not really right now. They are all doing good, progressing a bunch so that is good.
  
So as for your questions, my companion Elder Tafuna'i goes home on the 12th of next month.  He is getting pretty trunky, even though his home is only about an hour away.  He is still doing really good, and he is freakin’ funny. Yes, I do live with the AP’s and we usually make our own breakfasts and lunches but we still get dinner every night, usually two actually. We tell the people feeding us that there will be four of us so that there is more food hopefully. By the time I leave here I might be 210 pounds, but we'll see, haha.  Laundry…. every flat in the mission has a little washer deal, and ours actually has a dryer, too.  I'm freakin’ spoiled here, if I go to the bush it will be a big adjustment, but that is just fine. As for the camera, I feel like crap for it but yes it is kabasu for sure. The one here I am looking at will be like 300 Fijian, so sorry, vosoti au sara ga. The whole picture deal is that I just have very little time to do that but what I'm gonna do this week is send you a small package deal with a CD that has all of the pictures on it then when I know you received it I will delete the pictures off the card.  That way I will just use the 2 cards my whole mission.

Oh, Nova, happy b-day mum, haha. I freakin’ love you mom, you’re da bomb. Everyone in Fiji loves your name as well, some people ask me here how you are doing all the time, they say "vacava nomu na, o Nova" (haha, that just means how are you?).

Man, Dad, I am so glad I got to go out and camp/hunt with you for that week. I should've gone longer, I'm sorry about that, but I can't wait to come back and do it some more. Sounds like it will be really cold! I'm very much used to the weather here now so switching back will take me a while I'm sure, but no worries. How’s work going?  Also I hope that my grandparents are all doing good.

I drove out to the airport in Nasinu today, that is the one close to Suva.  On the way I saw some dairy cows, they are they biggest animals in Fiji, but that kind of reminded me of home. We just went out there to pick up a senior couple coming from New Caledonia. Also last night we were eating at this member’s house and the Father wasn't eating with us but I could see he was watching a movie and guess what it was? "A River runs through it", haha, talk about home. It was funny, sara ga, that fella said it was his favorite movie.

That’s about it from my end, sorry so short, but that’s how it is sometimes.

Peace and Blessings,

Elder Tavoi  (Hanke in Fijian)

Very happy to read that Garrett is sounding more like his old self again, a lot more upbeat!  He seems to be learning to accept and understand his duties in the office with a better attitude.  This past week I heard about a missionary that is in Fiji who is also from Cache Valley, Elder Harmon.  He is currently assigned to an outer island that is very remote… no electricity, no plumbing, no mail service.  He and his companion are flown in to the main island every six weeks to get supplies and email their families.  So… we will keep this in the back of our minds so we’re prepared, just in case Garrett is sent to such an island.  (Every six weeks??? Yikes…)

Hope that everyone has a great week.  As always, thank you for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment