Monday, August 15, 2011

The weeks are cruisin' by....

Why hello again, haha…

Weeks are just cruisin’ by.

Crazy, anyway this week was an adventurous one for sure, we did a lot of driving to run errands and do all the yish-yash that we are asked to do. Basically what I'm trying to say is that we only taught two lessons during the week and they were both on Sunday. It’s pretty hard doing this because everyone I work with has taught so many lessons they all know Fijian way good and they're towards the end of their missions.  Then there is little old me still fresh, not knowing Fijian because I can't speak to anyone in the office so basically I'm asking way hard to get out of this area as soon as possible. But the word on the street is that I will be here for a dang long time, so since I know that, I'm pretty comfortable with the idea now, even though it’s definitely not the situation that I wanted to be in.

Anyways, Lini... we haven't seen her all week. We always teach her at one member’s house but the member’s landlord is some Indian who isn't a fan of us coming over. She didn't show up to church yesterday which is crazy cuz that never happens supposedly, but hopefully somehow it will all work out with her. Other than that we don't really have any other investigators. There are a couple of Indian kids we go see but they can't come to church so that won't really work out.

Story for the week, haha. Like on Tuesday or something the two of us were just minding our own business when we got called by someone in the hospital to give a priesthood blessing, so we jetted on over there then we called the lady back and were like whereabouts is the place you’re at and she said the maternity wing part deal. So then we were like, “great”, haha.  We walk over there and there were about 15 rooms with 15 pregnant ladies in each room, so weird, with like pregnancy posters all over the walls with little bits of helpful tips for the new mums, pretty nasty.  Ater we finally found her we gave her a good blessing of comfort because she was really freaking stressed about the whole dealio.  I'm so stoked that I don't have to give birth! Props to the women out there. Anyways, were walking out when another lady comes up to us saying she wants a blessing and that she was from the Lami Ward.  The funny part is that she gave us a detailed description was about what the problem was that she was facing and we were like lady we don't need to know everything for a blessing to work, haha.  Then she was like, oh you don't. Nope. Anyways, one of the many crazy things that goes down in a missionary’s life.

Its so fun being out here, especially when people immediately recognize us as servants of the Lord and they call on us to help them.  It’s especially bomb when it’s to help them receive eternal life with their Heavenly Father, I can do that all day (if I could I mean I would).  For now though the office is running pretty smoothly, hopefully there will be some sweet blessings that come from this.  I'm thinking Kadavu, haha, we'll see.

Love you all!

Peace and Blessings,

Elder Hanke

So…a bit of an update from Mama’s end of things.  I emailed with Garrett several times this past week in an effort to get his bank card up and running (with full permission from the Mission Pres.).  Suffice it to say, however, that I’m not a big fan of Wells Fargo at the moment.  Anyway, the card is now working and Garrett is finally able to access his account.  Woo hoo!!!

There were a couple of things I want to share with everyone that Garrett wrote in the emails from last week.  Here’s the first one:

Quick funny story for you. Like five minutes ago I walked outside the office to grab something (quick behind -the-story explanation: next to the office are some apartments for members to stay in while they are in Fiji. It’s like a cheap hotel for members where they can be in a good environment).  Anyways, I walked out there and I saw some white people and one of the girls looked really familiar. With a closer look I realized that I knew her, it was a girl from my class at Logan, haha, Rachel something. But she is here on a study abroad for BYU, classic.  I got to talk to her a bit and what not but pretty funny.

After last week’s email when Garrett said that he wasn’t feeling very well, I’ll admit I was pretty concerned given his history with stomach problems.  When I emailed him about the bank card I asked him a few times how he was feeling and if it was only food poisoning.  Here is his response:

I forgot that I haven't told you yet but ever since the MTC I haven't taken my medicine because I haven’t felt sick at all.  I just had some food poisoning, but besides that no stomach aches except when I eat too much at a member’s house, haha.

I'll admit, that message caused tears of joy and relief to run down my face. Another amazing blessing from the mission, we are so grateful for this!

Thanks to everyone for your love and support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment