Monday, August 29, 2011

Life goes on in the office...

Hello again,

So the week of last was pretty good, we had some fun times, but it feels kinda like the MTC because everything is blending together. Everyday we just walk on up to the office, do work in there, run some errands and what not, go make lunch, and then back to the office for more errands and more office work and upset landlords, haha.  But all is still well.  We still get to go to dinner with some sweet family each night which is fun, last night was especially fun. We were just at this family’s house, the Racule’s house, and every time we eat there the AP’s come with us and we just eat some really good food and sit there and talk to them ‘til it's time to go. People here have a really different sense of humor, it’s nothing like home but once you understand what they are talking about or making fun of it’s so classic. So last night we were all just laughing super hard, my companion’s laugh is the funniest thing ever, so whenever he laughs I automatically just start busting up! It was a good time; that happens a lot.

Other than that we were able to teach four lessons last week.  That’s the biggest problem, I stinkin’ hate not being able to go out and be with people.  As for that person saying think of who I might be able to see while I’m in the office rather than out, this is what I have to say about that: Instead of maybe seeing one person that might be important, I'm missing time to let a lot of new people become important in my life so I kind of understand what he was trying to say but I would still rather be out there, no doubt. Anyways, that’s about it for this week.

But this upcoming week should be the bomb. Since I live with the AP’s and I work closely with the mission president a lot of opportunities come up.  This upcoming weekend I should be going out on this exchange deal with the Zone Leaders from Nausori, which is the bomb, haha.  I'm so stoked, it’s supposed to be a cool area and it will be so nice to be a normal missionary again for a couple days. The elder I will be with  is way sweet, so I'm super duper freakin’ stoked. Sara ga, wooooooh baby, haha!

But that is about it, but next week should be the bomb.com though.

Peace and Blessings,

Elder Tavoi


Mama's thoughts:

Hmmmmm… I think that Garrett is really getting a taste of what he thinks is the “mundane office life”!  I highly doubt he will ever want to work in an office when he “grows up”, but at least he will have had a good dose of it so he knows what it's like. 

I’m glad to see that he seems to be getting squared away in this assignment, though, and that he hasn’t lost his own unique sense of humor.  (For the record, I delete about 20 of the “haha’s” before I post his letter each week… there, I’ve admitted it… you all know that I’m doing a little editing.  Also adding a bit of punctuation, too.)

Hope everyone has a great week.  Thank you so much for your love and support of Elder Hanke!

No comments:

Post a Comment