Thursday, April 7, 2011

Last week's letter...came in the mail this week!

We never did get an email from Garrett last week, but did receive a letter in the mail this week to make up for that!  We were pretty happy when this came yesterday!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bula Vinaka,

Okay, first off I am super sorry that I wasn't able to email last Thursday, the day was just really hectic.  I didn't really have time to do anything.  We did get a new companion, so now I am in a 3some, which is super lame - ha, ha.

I'm just so busy here, it's crazy how time flies by. This way cool English district that is going to Hawaii got here what feels like yesterday, and now they are packing to leave on Tuesday. So crazy!  We have very little time left here, I am so stoked.  I will have so much more to learn, though, but right now I'm just glad to be here.

The last two days have been super awesome here in the MTC.  Every General Conference address had answers to my questions! I can't really even explain how much I loved it.

So I just got back from the Sunday Night Fireside, and it was also way awesome. The speaker's name was Vai Sikahema, he was the first Poly (Polynesian) to play at BYU.  He played there when they won the National Championship, and he was drafted by the Cardinals and also played for the Packers.  I'm pretty sure they also said that he was a 2-time Pro-Bowler, too.  Now he is a sports broadcaster for NBC in Philadelphia.  He shared some way cool experiences from his mission and about his Golden Investigator.  I freakin' digged it! I also got to go down and say "what's up?" to Elder Birky.  I knew he must have loved the fireside.  I get to see him usually every day, it's great.

Anyway, a couple of items of business. I'm gonna get my shots on Thursday, just so you know.  And I'm really looking forward to the MJ (Michael Jordan) jersey, so the sooner the better.  Could you also send me one white and one baby blue XL Tall t-shirts please?

When I leave here I plan on sending a big package back home with others shirts and stuff that I've decided I won't really need.  But I would like those few things please.

Thank you and you will for sure get an email on Thursday.

Au lomani noqu Matavuvale!

Sota Tale,

Elder Palagi Garrett Hanke

No comments:

Post a Comment