Sunday, March 10, 2013

Three...


Sorry everyone, I’m a slow poke…

Didn’t really get a “letter” from Garrett last Monday, just had more of a short chat. He’ll usually respond to my emails with a “What’s up Mom?”, and it goes from there – then before I know it, his email time is up!  So here’s what I got out of him:

Life is super good right now, we are havin a good time out here.  The best is this Samoan family that we are meeting with right now they are all super awesome and their son "Pesi" we gave him a baptism date yesterday night for the 30th of March. He is super ready and there are a couple others who will be baptized out of the family very soon which is awesome. I feel very at home with them and we are able to spend like 4 or 5 nights there a week teaching and eating which is sweet.  I thought I would come here to this area and lose some weight because I wouldn't be around as many of my kind but I was very wrong, I might end up gaining a bit, haha.

Other than that things over all are just really good, Richmond is still ghetto and is still awesome, haha. 

After a few questions from me, this is what I got back…

When I say “my kind” I mean that sometimes I feel like our family was supposed to be from Fiji, haha! And I won’t have time to e-mail again after, sorry, busy busy.

I understand a little of Samoan and Tongan but I speak less.  Just the normal stuff like hello, how are you, I’m good, I want to eat, hahahahaha, where’s the food, I’m full, hahaha.

The days are going quickly now, we’ll be picking him at the airport before we know it!

Love to everyone – I’ll try to get the new emails posted a little more quickly, only a couple to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment