Monday, March 11, 2013

Two to go...

Thought I’d get today’s email put right on the blog so that I don’t get caught a week behind schedule again… but – there’s really nothing to post.  Elder Tavoi has now reached the SUPER TRUNKY stage…. (I guess that’s what you’d call it.) 

I’ll translate the chat I had with him today… because basically he is now just writing in what must be Polynesian/American/Trunky Missionary slang, which is truly worthy of a “ha ha ha”. 

The initial email today was true to form with a

“Yo Novs, my mama, how’s it going?”…

Which I followed up with “How are you?”, and then got the reply of:

“Super good mama, super good. Thanks for asking, ha ha. How’s the jobsite these days?  But for real on the real, how are you doin? Sorry, but I don’t feel much like emailing.  Forgive me, but I’m planning on sending you a nice letter to make up for this past week, and the next two weeks, haha.” (Major translation I just did there.)

I then, of course, asked several questions trying to get any kind of an update from him, and also asked how he was planning on merging back into using the English language. 

“I ain’t gonna merge back, haha, only for those mas importante occasions”.

So…. that’s all he wrote folks!  If I get the letter in the mail, I’ll post it on the blog.  In the meantime, we’ll just be grateful for a healthy, happy missionary who loves what he’s doing – can’t ask for much more than that, right?  J

16 days and counting….

No comments:

Post a Comment