Thursday, March 17, 2011

Report on MTC - Week #2

Ni Sa Bula Vinaka, (what’s up)

Stuff here at the MTC all just goes by way fast and it sort of all meshes together.  At the end of the day you look back and realize how much you've learned and all of the sweet experiences you've had, it’s so sweet.
             
So questions... here’s the thing......no more questions unless its something urgent, and I don't see why there would be anything urgent in an e-mail. So, I'll answer them this week but for the rest of my mission I would just like to tell you what’s on my mind. (Instead of yours, ha-ha, no offense).

1.)  I got both of the packages you sent, thank you very much, but we’re not allowed music at the MTC or in the field.  And any more packages you send do not put candy in them until I leave the MTC. Nobody eats it because we are never really that hungry. There are a couple things I would like, though, and that is if you’re ever in a store and you come across a sweet paisley tie then send it my way. We do tie trades here so half the ties I have now weren't mine when I got here, but I hold on to the paisley ties for sure.

By the way, I will be sending you a letter with a picture of a shirt in it and I would like you to follow the instructions of the letter carefully and quickly.  You'll know what I mean when you get it.

2.)  I'll wait to get the shots when I have all the paper work.
3.)  I think I'll just get the converter in Fiji because it will be easier and cheaper.
4.)  I don't have that packet you’re talking about.
  
There, now just answer one of my questions: What is the deal with the car??? You seriously haven't told me yet. Ha, ha, ha, ha…

Now I have 5 minutes to tell you about my week because I chicken peck. We have what are called “progressive investigators”, which are just teachers who play a role as an investigator who you and your companion teach. Elder Chlarson and I have two and we’re doing it in English until around the 4-week mark, then we'll switch to Fijian. Anyways Fiji has the best teachers in the whole place; therefore, our PI's are the best. One is William and every time we teach him it is absolutely the best experience you could imagine. I'm moving my mouth but I do not think of the words that come out and by the end everyone is tearing up including Bro. Matheson (William). So crazy - it feels like each lesson is two minutes - but the feeling is crazy and I learn a lot. Elder Chlarson and I have become closer and we continually teach with more and more power. The district is doing way good, too; we have quite the good time being with each other.

Ha-ha…there is no way we would be able to watch the BYU game even though it would be nice – that’s not happening.

Anyway…I hope everyone is doing well and that work and what not is going good.  Thanks to everyone who is writing to me, I appreciate it.

Pray and study often.

SOTA TALE,

Elder Garrett Hanke

**************

Note from Garrett's Mama:  Maybe when Garrett gets to Fiji he'll have more time on P day to answer questions - and maybe he won't be so blunt in his responses. :) Since I gave birth to him, and we raised him, and we've all tolerated his antics for 19 years, I figure we can ask questions if we want or need to.  (Doesn't mean we'll get answers, but we can still ask.)  Thanks to everyone for your love and support!

2 comments:

  1. To the Mama. I will scale the walls at the MTC anytime with you to give him a little "Adjustment" "Swift kick" or whatever else you can think of! LOL At least he seems focused and loving what he is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb was always asking Dallon questions and rarely got answers. It must be a missionary thing. :p

    ReplyDelete