Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It was a "superfreakingood" week....

Bula Vinaka kemudou na wekaqu,

I love life, haha, I love the week I have just had. I also hope everyone had a good week like me.

Blessings from the week have been too much to handle, I can't even explain to you how pumped I am for what has happened, it’s just awesome. First I just wanna tell you that I know God lives, no doubt whatsoever in my mind about that statement. A few things have happened this week that have further solidified my testimony and my conviction of that truth. First off, this one may seem lame but it was intense for me, haha. I woke up on Wednesday and couldn't find my wallet.  Now this may not be a very big deal and that’s how I pictured it right at first.  I figured I just lost it somewhere and would have to start the process of replacing things. Really taking no thought really to ask for Heavenly Father’s help. The very next day in the morning we had our annual interviews with our Mission President, they happen about every three months and it just happened to fall on Thursday.  But anyway in the interview I told him about the situation and his advice was to kneel in prayer and ask for help to find it. Long story short, I did and what happened? I found it just a few hours later. I never really pray for things like that but man o mally let me tell you that I won't ever not pray for something like that again. He lives and cares about us.

Secondly, each night we as missionaries ask God to help us in our efforts to find, teach and baptize people.  Well it seems like lately He has made it pretty difficult for us to keep on trying to do it, sometimes we just feel like to give up and not work as hard but you know we keep on going. Well, what happens - we receive information about a lady who wants to be baptized and is excited to come to church.  I called her on Thursday night and what would ya know but the information was true and she is very excited!  We set our first appointment up for this Wednesday and she is super ready and super excited to get started on this journey. I was shocked because it is for the English-speaking ward we cover and we don’t spend a whole lot of time working there and there hasn't been a baptism in that area for a couple years.  Haha, oh the blessings... He lives and He cares about us.

Lastly, holy smokes, talking about this makes me get the chills but here we go. A couple weeks ago we had a member of our Fijian branch invite a friend over to listen to her speak in church, which was a genius idea.  She really had a great time and enjoyed what she learned and came again the next week, and then again yesterday.  We were finally able to talk to her and she was so excited and ready that she invited us to come to her house every night this week. WHAT???!!!! Are you kiddin me, I’m so pumped about the situation that we are in, haha! There is more to the story but I’m tired so I think it will need to wait for a couple months. But just know this.....He lives and He cares about us.

kalougata tiko/peace and blessings

Elda Tavoi

I love this kid’s emails…. J I was able to chat with him a bit yesterday, and then he sent this nice email last night.  He kept telling me in our chat yesterday that he had a “superfreakingood” week last week, so now I know why.

And the wallet – really???!! Again??!!  I think he failed to mention the fear of the wrath of his mother… we’ve replaced everything in that child’s wallet too many times over the years. Ha ha ha.

No update on the release date…. So T- 2 months, and counting.  It’s going to go fast now!

Thoughts and prayers are with Di, Jeff and the 5 K’s.  And thank heavens for amazing Grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment