Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy New Year!

So it was a pretty good week.  Now that Sister Salawai got baptized, we have to go out and find more people to teach, so we didn’t get as many lessons in this week but we did make some good visits and had some good lessons.

We stopped by two less active families on Friday and had really spiritual lesson.  Both of them had a really rough 2012 and they were both really hoping for a good fresh start, so that’s what we talked about in the lesson. We read over part of 3 Nephi 11 and then Helaman 5:12, which is my favorite scripture.  We talked a lot about building upon the correct foundation, a foundation of Christ and his teachings having the center of the family and relationships be Christ’s teachings instead of greed or envy or hatred, which can make all the difference.

I feel like the last 21 months I have seen and learned a lot of things, one being the fact true happiness cannot come from anywhere else but a family or person that is built upon the solid doctrines of Christ. The plan of happiness truly is a PLAN OF "HAPPINESS".  There is so much to see and to do and to achieve but none of it matters if we don’t have the correct foundation.  If we try to build our lives upon some other plan or upon some other purpose when the day of trial and tribulation comes the foundation will fail and that individual will have nothing to fall back upon.

I love the gospel, I love my mission, I’m grateful for every experience I have had so far and I’m looking forward to the future with hope. I know God knows me and everyone, I know that Christ is our perfect example and we will become the best person possible only when we follow 
and strive to become like Him in our lives, I know the truth was restored through Joseph Smith and if anyone doesn’t know this themselves all they need to do is read the Book of Mormon wanting to know for themselves, and I know this will be the biggest blessing that anyone can receive, a confirmation of its truth. Their life will not be the same but will have deeper meaning and a srtonger resolve to be the best they can be.

I hope the new year brings heaven-sent guidance to everyone.

Peace and blessings,

Ofa lahi Atu
Elder Hanke

Well…. That letter’s a keeper for sure…. Great way to start the New Year!  J

We got a nice letter last week from Elder and Sister Sorenson, a senior couple in Garrett’s mission.  Apparently they like to help out Santa Claus for the missionaries, and then send their families a note and some pictures – which we’re happy to receive!  The letter was very sweet…. And below are the pics they sent.

Hope everyone is staying warm enough!

Continued prayers and love for Diana, Jeff and the 5 K’s. 

*****

(Looks like I will have to post the pictures later - after someone helps me figure out the new method for loading pictures on the blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment