Monday, July 23, 2012

First off Nova, haaha, as much as I would like to see Derek and Rachel let’s get this straight, haha. I would get into trouble for even attempting to do that, hahaha. I know you didn't know so it’s ok that you asked, but just so you can tell them as well as for future reference.  I wish I could do it but that’s just the way it is.

Also the dealio with Pita’s parents… we had to cancel lunch appointments twice because either something came up so they couldn't do it or vice versa and we had to cancel.  But we will for sure get that goin sometime so that will be good, I’m pumped.

Next as for those investigators, that lady that I told you about that let out everything when we were over there, she was a great lady but we haven't talked to her since then. That’s another part of missionary work that isn't quite so favorable, people have their agency and they have other influences in the world and unfortunately she didn't have a whole lot of support for her decision to meet with us.  So that’s the beginning and end of her story for now; hopefully she will have the desire again but for now that’s it. It’s just something you have to deal with and in my opinion is the worst part of the work.  Getting to know someone and wanting sooo bad for them to accept what we teach because we know it’s true and that it helps, and then what happens is sometimes they tell you no, it sucks.

Other than that everything is bomb.  So our branch is part of the Tongan stake and they had their 20th year anniversary this week so there was a huge, HUGE celebration on Saturday that was sweet.  Just a ton of Polynesians, a ton of music and dancing and a ton of food, haha.  It was sooo sweet, I love these people, they are the best.

What else, oh ya, Transfers. Elder Simmons is leaving me, noooo, this is the worst news ever we were having a ton of fun and doin some really good work.  He is going across the bay to Hayward, and I’m getting some new guy named Elder Chapman from Texas I think, so we will see how that goes. It should be fine but we'll see, I’m still excited but it is rough switching it up when  we have just gotten into a groove together and started thinking alike. But ya know, what can ya do, right? Ha, nothing.

Love ya'll!

Gotta fly.

Peace and blessings,

Elder Tavoi

So, I'm being a little chastised  because I let Garrett know that a couple of our family friends would like to visit him in San Francisco - but I guess that won't work out, must be a rule in their mission.  Too bad - he'd at least get a free lunch or two! :)  Guess I'm just glad that he's following the rules!

Our thoughts, prayers and love are with Diana.... as well as Jeff and their sweet, adorable kids. XO



No comments:

Post a Comment