Monday, July 30, 2012

Bula Bula Bula

Wassup ?

What a week we had, it had its ups and downs for real, hahah.

But I guess that’s how it’s supposed to be in some ways.

A couple crazy things happened this week.  So we stay in South San Fran but like I shared earlier we have to go like everywhere in the Bay to visit people which is cool in a lot of ways, but very frustrating in a few ways, and in this story it was very annoying. So we had a lunch/lesson planned with a member and her non-member husband; I was stoked for it because this would be our first lesson with this guy and he was awesome and once again I had a lot in common with him. We knew a bunch of the same people and I knew right where he lived in Suva and I knew his neighbors that were members. Needless to say, I was very stoked for this lesson.  They called a couple days before while we were driving and asked if they could do it an hour earlier but since I was driving I didn't write it down, then a couple days later, the day we were supposed to have lunch she called and asked where we were and all I could say is that we were sorry.  But where do they live? In downtown San Fran and in my opinion the worst place to drive on the planet.  So we showed up an hour later and the husband had left for work and we just had to take the food to go.  That was the worst, I don't remember the last time I missed an appointment, I was sooo upset with myself, I can’t even explain.  But it’s all good though, he came to church yesterday and I talked to him, so it’s all good.  But I was so nervous that we would lose him forever, but it’s good.

Next crazy thing:  Our Ward Mission Leader in the Fijian Branch is from an island in Fiji called Ono in the Lau group and every other month him he and a bunch of the other people from the island get together to share about religion and to "praise God" and this month it was his turn to run the show.  He had it at our chapel and we taught our doctrine the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it was a way bomb experience all in Fijian (except my companion’s talk, haha).  There were a couple less-active members that came and then the rest were non-members so it was way good.  They were a stunned that I knew the vosa vakaviti, so that was tight. We placed 5 Book of Mormons but unfortunately they all live way far away like LA and Nevada.  The closest ones were from San Jose; there is another Fijian branch up in that mission so we won't be able to teach them but it’s all the same team right, haha. God’s team eh?

I’m not gonna lie, I’m tired of typing today.

So the deal with the camera, I got a correct charger and that’s going good. Elder Chapman has a GPS so I won’t need to buy one for a while but thanks for taking care of that.

Other than that….

Peace and blessings,


Elder Tavoi

Last week we received an email from Garrett later in the week that went like this…

Hey Nova just a couple things I forgot to tell you that you should know:

1-I got in a wreck last week Friday haha totally the other guy’s fault and all, just kind of dumb on his part. Porter and I are fine though, it was very small wreck, just a big dent in our car.  (I'm having deja vu here...)

2-With Elder Simmons leaving he had a GPS so we could get around and since we cover the whole mission and what not a GPS is very important for our work so that we can be as efficient with our time as possible.  With that said if my new comp. doesn't have one it will be pretty necessary for me to get one.

peace and blessings

elda hanke

So that probably helps explain his mention about a GPS in today’s letter.  And I’m really glad he sent this email before I got the notification in the mail from the other guy’s insurance company… nice to know these things, right?
If you didn't catch them, see the below pics that came later in the week as well, from the sweet lady that's a member of the Fijian Branch where Garrett is at.
Thanks to everyone for your support of Garrett.  And our continued thoughts, prayers and love are with Diana… and Jeff and the kids. 
-Nova

No comments:

Post a Comment