Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Below is an email I received from Sister Mary Tagilala from the San Francisco area where Garrett is serving.  When Garrett sent the below pics of he and Elder Simmons at the Tagilala’s home for dinner, I snagged her email address and sent her a message thanking her for feeding them and for taking the pictures and sending them along.  This is the reply I received from her, thought you all might enjoy.

BULA Nova :)
You are very welcome :). All the more reason to take more pictures of your Missionary now that I have your contact information :). We are so blessed to have your wonderful Missionary serve in our Fijian Branch. Let me tell you what a wonderful young man he is. His first day in our Branch, even before I got to officially meet him, I saw him sitting up with one of our young men ready to do the sacrament prayer. I didn't think much of it, however, reminding myself to take the time to say hello to him because he was new, after Sacrament meeting ended. 
Anyway, then came the Sacrament Prayer and I froze on the spot when I heard the most fluent Fijian Sacrament Prayer being uttered all complete with a Fijian Accent. I wondered with my eyes closed whether another person had taken Elder Hanke's place while I was not looking. However, right after the "Amen" - I quickly looked up to the Sacrament table and yes - it was your son who said the first sacrament prayer. What a wonderful wonderful surprise!!  I was not the only person amazed in the chapel. He is such a joy to have. He comes to us complete with his Fijian Language, Fijian Slangs and Fijian attitude. He even can bear eating our Fijian foods and curries. We love it!! Thank you so much for raising such a fine young man to serve the Lord. We are so blessed to have him serve with us and we have so much love for him and Elder Simmons. (They are quite a pair those two..lol). And yes, he is well and being well looked after as well out here.   I am glad I can send you pictures. I know how it feels because I have a missionary serving out in Nevada Las Vegas and my 2nd child will be serving out in the Salt Lake City West Mission this October. Every picture is appreciated because we miss them, aye :).
If you need me to pass on a message to him or to do anything for him, pls let me know :). We're here to help :)
Warmest Regards,

Mary Tagilala
MM to Elder Tagilala - NVLV Mission - June/2011 to June/2013
MM to Sister Tagilala - SLC West Mission - October/2012 to April 2014
(MM = Missionary Mom) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment