Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The mission doctor (Dr. Burton) in New Zealand called me a couple of hours ago.  Not much of an update, but he did let me know that they are still waiting for the results from the blood tests, which he is expecting no later than tomorrow.  He apologized for not getting with us sooner, and basically passed along the same information we got yesterday.  He said he's been to this hospital and knows the doctors that are taking care of Garrett and he has no worries about their capabilities; he was very gracious and kind and put me at ease.  He said he will call me back with an update as soon as he gets the results from the blood test. Otherwise, Garrett is still in the hospital receiving antibiotics intravenously.

Interesting note:  I asked Dr. Burton where he is from, and he told me Heber, so then I asked if he is Dr. Neal Burton, and he said yes.  We both got a little choked up when I told him that he delivered Kyndra 23 years ago - because I insisted on going to him, even though we lived in SLC at the time.  He said he coudln't wait to share this information with Elder Hanke!

There are no coincidences.... of this I am a firm believer....

No comments:

Post a Comment