Sunday, November 6, 2011

Eight months in.... one-third of the way already....

What’s up out there in America?

Do you realize how blessed you are just to stay in a place that nice? Haha, I'm gonna give you a little insight and you can see the difference between the places.

1st, ha, our mission doctor told me to go see a physician in Labasa. The lady, who was actually really nice, told me that I had an infection and to go to a dentist, so I went on over to the best one (supposedly) in Labasa.  He told me that he could fix the infection but the real cause was one of my teeth. He also said that I would need a root canal and that he would do it for 180 bucks (about 90 American) haha. So sometime soon I guess I need a root canal, but I will definitely need to do some looking around for the best place, but no worries.

2nd, the doctor I went to gave me some random pills from her office in a grocery store and told me they would work on the back pain.  I dunno what they were but she was wrong, haha. So I'm not sure what’s going on right now but my body and Labasa aren't getting along but it should all be fine soon.

As far as my week goes we went to Suva this weekend for the mission tour.  Elder Watson, an area Seventy, came and did our training as well as the Stake Conference in Suva. He was an awesome, inspired man who has had some very awesome callings in the church, mainly being the secretary for the First Presidency for a long time.  He started working in Salt Lake at the age of 27 where he started with the Prophet Joseph F. Smith, and was the secretary until just after President Monson started. Part of his calling was to take the minutes of all the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve’s meetings together (no big deal) but in those meetings there was just twelve Apostles and the 3 in the First Presidency, so he was the 16th man in the room for all those years. Pretty cool. He gave some great talks and shared some awesome stories with us about Prophets he served. Lots of awesome stories that one has.

The rest of the tour was fun and it was the bomb being around all of my boys from Suva that I haven't seen in a few weeks. Ha, great times.

Anyways we had one of our investigators receive her baptismal interview today and she passed so we'll have a baptism coming up real soon, probably next week.  And we have 5 more dates already so the work is going great here now, if I could just start feeling better things would be perfect.  But I know everything will turn out just the way it is supposed to.

So peace and blessings until next week,

Elder Hanke




No comments:

Post a Comment