Monday, July 18, 2011

So yesterday was interesting, as far as emailing with Elder Hanke went.  Normally we send our email to him when we get home from church, which is early in the afternoon.  But I chose to be a little lazy, took a little nap, and then we had a surprise visit from Grandpa Ed – it was so good to see him.  He is doing very well at the spry age of 92, and sure enjoys taking a nice afternoon drive once in a while.  We had a very nice time with him for a couple of hours, and it was great that Steve was in Logan for the weekend, and Kyndra was home with us, too.  After he left I logged on to write the email, and wouldn’t you know it, Garrett had emailed about 15 minutes prior to that (earlier than ever), but all that his email said was…”Nova?”.  I replied quickly and told him I was there, to go ahead and send his nice, long, entertaining email while we wrote one to him. We did get to email back and forth for a few minutes, so it was great to get to chat with him in “live time” again, even though I could tell he was a little frustrated.

I told him I was finally able to get the street address for the mission home, so I will be sending his package with his new bank card. To that he said, “Well, I’m really out of time now, but next week’s email will be legit….if I get the package”.  My reply: “ha-ha”.  J

Below is the email for the week…

Bula Vinaka,

So this week went very well.  We had some awesome lessons with our investigators; I am so stoked for them. But then this happened: TRANSFERS, ha-ha. I'm leaving this area to go 10 minutes away to Samabula 2nd ward where my new comp will be my old Zone Leader, Elder Tafunai.  He is Fijian and it is his last month on his mission, but this is why it’s happening…. I'm becoming the Financial Assistant to the Pres.  Don't ask me why they picked a two-month old missionary with no computer skills or anything like that to do this, but whatever, it’s alright.  This also means that once Elder Tafunai is finished in one month I will have to train someone to do this with me.  The word on the street is that I will be in this position for at least six months, ha-ha, holy crap. I should hopefully still get to teach a bit, though.  I'll tell you my schedule next week, but for now that is all I know.  This could be way cool or way not cool, we'll see, ha-ha.
  
The worst part is that I'm leaving Komai and his family, they are the best.  Also I don't get to baptize the rest of the investigators we’ve been teaching in the ward, but really those are the only really bad things (but they seem really bad).  So my next e-mail should be pretty interesting.

But, I'm out of time so…..

PEACE AND BLESSINGS,



ELDER GARRETT HANKE

No comments:

Post a Comment