Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Last email from the MTC...

Bula Vinaka!

How is everyone? What a day here in the good ol' MTC, this place is so sweet.
         
Time here has gone good, especially this week, even though Elder Pakileata left and that was hard. I got a new companion the same day he left and when I found out I was kinda bummed because I just wanted to take it easy til' I left. But later, when I found out who it was, I got super stoked because he is awesome. His name is Elder Greer - he is actually a little physically and mentally handicapped, but he is not letting that hold him back. Before he came on his mission he was having a really hard time deciding whether he should even come out because he has a hard time talking, but he decided to move forward with faith and he got his call to Arizona, speaking American Sign Language. He told this story in testimony meeting on Sunday and the whole congregation was teared up because of how sincere and how deep it was (I wish I could tell it like he did). He really is super smart, though. He plays piano so good and he knows how to play the guitar, too. So him learning Sign Language is coming a long really, really good, which is totally amazing. So what I'm trying to get at is that he has been a huge blessing in my life as well as our district’s.

Anyway.... Travel Plans… I leave the MTC Saturday at 1:30 in the afternoon, so that’s good.

Leave: Salt Lake 4:45 PM May 7
Arrive: Los Angeles 5:38 PM May 7
Leave: Los Angeles 11:30 PM May 7
Arrive: Nadi, Fiji 5:10 AM May 9

So that’s the plan right there. I'll call ya'll from L.A. around 6:30 so it will be 7:30 where you’re at. So that’s the plan, ha-ha.

Found out, though, if you look at my travel plans, you’ll see I arrive in Fiji on the 9th, and because I fly over the timeline I just completely skip Mother’s Day! Ha-ha, sorry Mom. That’s classic! Ha-ha.

So there it is…hopefully I remember your phone number, 232-5029.  (If not, you’d better correct me, ha-ha!)
  
SOTA TALE.

Elder Hanke

No comments:

Post a Comment