Monday, May 30, 2011

Serving in Paradise....

Bula Vinaka from the Island Paradise!

The main reason this is paradise is because the people here are so sweet. I'll be walking down the street and just hear someone yell, “Bula!” to us from a freakin’ 100 hundred yards away, then they will throw their arm in the air and wave to you until you’re out of sight. That happens all day long, it’s so sweet.

So we had a baptism yesterday with a little girl named Nere, she is super sweet, and we also had one baptism the week before with a guy named Bose. It is so amazing to see the changes people make in their lives to follow Jesus’ example and become better people. It is also really hard when people you come to love don't accept the gospel, especially when you know that they know it is true, but everyone has their agency.
  
Time here is already starting to just slip away. I feel like I just barely left this internet café, and then I realize a whole week has already passed by, and it just blows my mind.

So ..... very sorry about the short e-mail, I was trying to upload some pictures but this Fijian computer doesn't really want to work with me, and now we’re out of time. So long ‘til next week.

Peace and Blessings, I love you all!

Sota Tale,

Elder Garrett Hanke

No comments:

Post a Comment