Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lots of updates....

Yet another sweet email from Mary Tagilala… with the below pictures!  I think she is coming to General Conference in April… so I cannot wait to meet her!

I got this email first thing on Monday morning… wasn’t sure what she really meant by “I’ll wait for Elder Tavoi to email you first”, but you’ll get the gist after reading Garrett’s letter that came later.

Bula Vinaka Nova -

I'll wait for Elder Tavoi to email you first before I send you an email. I always want to hear news first from my Missionaries and I know you'd probably want that as well. Yes its P-Day today :). Mail, mail mail!! Yayyyy!. I can't wait for my 2 missionaries to email me as well :)

We love both Elder Chapman and Elder Hanke (Tavoi). They've been such a wonderful blessing to our Fijian Branch :). Thank you for sending your angels to us :).

Lolomas,,

Mary Tagilala
Redwood City, California. (SF 2nd Fijian Branch)
Missionary Mom to Elder Tagilala - NVLV Mission - 6/2011 to 6/2013
Missionary Mom to Sister Tagilala - SLC West Mission - 10/2012 to 4/2014
Soon to be Missionary Mom to Sister Oli Tagilala :)

Garrett's letter: 

So here is the dealio, haha,

Chips (Elder Chapman) and I got a call on Saturday night from the office saying that we are being transferred. Elder Chapman is going to Concord, and I’m headed again to the ghetto of Richmond (on the Oakland side again).  It’s the same place where the movie Coach Carter is based off so maybe that gives all of you an idea of what it’s like, haha.

It was super crappy saying goodbye yesterday to the branch members but on the good side there are a lot of Fijians in the Richmond area that go to the ward there so it’s not all bad. I'll be focused on tryin to find the reason for me to go there.  Hopefully there are some Fijians that we can help, it will be pretty interesting. My comp I heard is 5 foot tall, haha so that’s crazy. Our investigators are great though, when they get baptized we will be able to come back here for that.

And also Nova, Mary Tagilala is going to be bringing our investigator to General Conference with her in April, so that will be a good chance to see her and I know you will really like the other lady as well and she really reminds me of you in so many ways haha so it will be good for sure. No better way to start off my life back home.

I definitely was fortunate to serve here for as long as I did, 9 months is way longer than anyone else, haha. And our branch pres. wanted to call Pres. Meredith (the mission president) to ask him what the heck he is doing, haha. But the good thing is that I will still be able to be around them a lot and come see them often for branch parties and stuff.

Hope all is well at home.

Peace and blessings/kalougata tiko

Elda Tavoi

So I believe that the pictures were all taken on Sunday after church meetings… when Garrett and his companion were able to say goodbye to everyone. L  I know he is sad to leave them (which explains the pouty look on his face I guess), but it sounds like he’ll have lots of opportunities over the next month to see everyone. 

So – here’s the scoop:

·         Garrett flies into SLC on Wednesday, March 27th at 1:15 p.m. on Delta.
·         Homecoming date will be Sunday, April 14th at 11:00 a.m. at our church house in Logan, 1155 North 600 East.

I can’t believe it’s almost over – five weeks from today he will be home… 35 days… but who’s counting? 

Can’t wait to see everyone and have our Gar Bear back, at least for a little while.  Right now his plans are to leave around May 1st to go to Washington, DC for his summer job.

Life goes on… all is good… we are very blessed.

This must be most of the Fijian Branch members

Elder Hanke and Elder Chapman
 I think that this is the Tagilala family.
 The Elders with the Ladies, of course!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment