Thursday, September 6, 2012

My apologies everyone… I’ve really been slacking! Here are the letters from the last two weeks. 

August 27, 2012

Garrett’s note to Dad:

Dang how did it fall?  That sounds rough, how long will you be down for? I just read mom’s email after yours and it sounds like she isn’t too upset so it must not be too bad. Seriously though thank heavens for the boots, ha, man crazy. So will you get some sort of medical leave from work or how does that work with the company you’re at right now? Haha now I have the 101 questions, ha. Will you be able to go back to that same work when it heals? And  does it hurt pretty bad to walk on?

Anywho ya, I havent heard from Malo (Elder Malo that served in Fiji, now going to USU and on the football team) since leaving so I hope he is doing good. There is a Fijian boy from my branch here that just signed with Utah State, he is about 6'5, 300 lbs., good kid. I hope Malo finds him up there and gets to meet him. I can’t remember his name because he goes to the singles ward mostly but  I’ll try and get it for you.

Let me know about the foot, I’m interested.

Garrett’s note to Mom:
Well sounds like you have had a crazy week that would be very opposite from us haha im just glad to hear that everything is going better and that everyone is doing ok. Definitely could look at this as a blessing for you two to be able to spend some solid time together. I’m looking forward to some good stories from both of you because of this haha.

As for our week looking back we had a very slow week probably the slowest on my whole mission thus far so it was very stressful and very frustrating, but there really was nothing we could do but just go out and work it out. We did have some good lessons with our investigators though we are teaching the Bishop’s half brother from the English ward and he is doing well. He was able to make it to church and feel the strong spirit that was present as the speakers gave their talks, so that was good. We also had a couple of our Fijian investigators at church, their names are Beta and her daughter Sita, they are very humble and great people.  Sita was born with some physical disabilities but she is the cutest little girl ever. Someone sponsored them to come over to America to get her back fixed and so that’s why they are here. Unfortunately we will miss them this week, they are going to LA for a surgery so we won’t be able to meet with them. But we did wish them the best . From what I was told they are going to stretch the bones in her back somehow, I don’t know how that works but that’s all I know. Other than that nothing really happened. We don’t have enough miles to make the trip across the Bay so we couldn’t see those investigators that stay there.

This upcoming week we have zone conf. so that will be good. Some Elder Gay is coming to the mission to preside so I’m pumped for that

Hope all is well, talk to you next week.

Peace and blessings,

Your baby boy


September 3, 2012

Garrett emailed around 9:00 a.m. on Labor Day saying he was going to Alcatraz and didn’t know how long he’d be there but he’d probably write again in a few weeks if he could.  (Yes, I was my typical gullible self.)

Several hours later we got this email:

Hey there fam,

So I’m pooped from walking all day long I feel like I could sleep for hours right now, haha.  Alcatraz was cool but the walking to and from was just up and down thoseF risco hills which is crazy haha. We also went to Lombard Street. and we were riding (the trolley cars?) with some other missionaries, so we got out before it started because there was a line to go down and we just said to pick us up when you get to the to.  When they got there we were just gonna hurry and jump in but the traffic police told us if you get in then I’m gonna give you a ticket so we had to walk down the whole thing while they drove, haha. Good  times but I’m gonna pass out.

Love you all.

Peace and blessings,

Elder Hanke

No comments:

Post a Comment