Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Someone in Oakland is rejoicing...

My family and friends, I love ya'll,

How are you doing?

Over here is fantastic! I don't have a lot to share this week because I only have one big thing on my mind:

Transfers......

(I'll be going to the) Fijian Branch for the last 9 months of the mish! No more of this English stuff, haha. I'll leave to go out there tomorrow and I'm so pumped, I can't believe it, haha. Another crazy thing is that my new comp is Elder Porter Simmons, the same Porter Simmons that I went to high school with and graduated with and the whole nine yards. Ha, I'm excited  and I can't wait to leave and hit the good ol' Fijian trail.

But that's about it, that's all that's on my mind right now and I don't feel like talkin about anything else!

So peace and blessings,

Elder Hanke
Wow, what great news!  I am so thankful that Garrett received this transfer so he can join up wtih the Fijian ranks in California.  Obviously he is VERY happy.  :) After eight weeks in Oakland, weeks of working and hoping and waiting.... he will again be able to teach and work with the Fijians.  I'm sure he is ready to absorb himself in the culture that he's grown to know and love, although I'm sure it will be different that Fiji, which I'm sure we will hear all about.
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the beginnings of summer.
Thanks to everyone for your love and support of Elder Hanke.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that he is getting transfered! And wow, does he really only have 9 months left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can only imagine how happy he was! We are so happy for him, too. He told us on Mother's Day that he will probably come home in late March next year due to the transfer schedule... so that will be about 9 1/2 months. Crazy - that is going to go so fast!

    Hope you and Josh are doing well!

    ReplyDelete