Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Retraction.... we finallly DID get an email this week...!

So sorry mom about not e-mailing yesterday. I was way sick, no joke, I was boiling inside. Had to have been like 120 degrees on the inside, I can't even explain it, haha.  Being that hot and having no way really to cool down was the worst, but I am feeling a lot better (just skinny, I lost a few pounds, but oh well, haha.)  All the food I couldn't eat at dinner I gave to big boy Diloi.

So general conference for us will be this weekend instead of last, so I’m super stoked for that, it will be awesome. Conference on the mission is way awesome! It will be really nice to spend that much time doing something else besides the normal. But mostly what a blessing it is to hear the voice of a prophet and other men that receive guidance directly from our Heavenly Father. What a huge blessing that comes to us, so it is very important that everyone listens and has questions that they want answered from it. And yes, we do get the church magazines here. Every companionship gets a copy each month. The last one was very good and I'm sure it will be a good tool for the missionaries teaching lessons but for me I'll just read it, ga, for myself then go back to work.

So the lesson (with the “golden investigator”) never got to happen which sucks really bad but there was nothing I could do about it. We don't have a really set schedule and he has no phone so we got caught up in our work and couldn't call him.  I think that he thinks we just stepped him because he wasn't at church on Sunday either so that one just kinda hit the dust.  But hopefully it will work out, I still think it will, I just feel pretty bad about that.

So there isn't really a typical day for me, they are a bit different so I'll just tell you, ga, what I did today.  Came into the office at around nine to have about five people asking me questions and asking for money. So first thing I’ll explain is that I do all the petty cash for the mission.  Whenever anyone in the mission needs money for anything besides the normal things like boat trips or plane tickets they come to me. We have 3000 dollars on hand at a time so I just distribute that until it’s gone, then go to the bank and get more. The church uses a ton of money, I probably spent 10,000 dollars last week alone. All of that has to get approved by my boss, but ya, it’s a bucket load of money. Next thing they were asking for was an explanation about the rent for a few flats which I then had to call the landlords, the banks, and everyone dealing with the accounts and figure out why they didn't get paid or what the problem was (same with their electricity or water or anything). Then I had a bunch of elders call in telling me that they me that didn't receive enough money in their support, so I had to explain to them that I was trying to figure that out with Salt Lake and that there was nothing I could do unless they helped me out.  After that I went to lunch with my district. When I came back I had to figure out why the petty cash was off balance and fix that, then run to the bank to get 3000 more dollars to fill it back up then balance it so it would be ready for the next day. Then I spent 2 hours talking with JP Morgan figuring out the problem with the mission credit cards which I need to finish tomorrow, and then I went to dinner, and now I'm here writing you while I have a little time. And that is a pretty much a normal day, a lot of people bugging me for help.

Good to hear about the Nelsons, but that stinks for the Aggies, they really need to pick it up. But honestly this season isn't sounding too good anymore, ha. But oh well, what can ya do.

Thanks for the support, I'm set over here. No worries, ha. We’re chill.

Have a good week!

Peace and Blessings,

Elder Hanke

Very grateful that we got our email, but sorry to hear he's been under the weather.  

And now we have a good idea about a day in the office for Elder Hanke, as well as a better understanding as to why he gets so frustrated.  He's really out of his element with this "job", but we believe this experience will serve him well for years to come.  (We'll just have to wait for him to figure that part out for himself.)

By the way, "ga" translates to "but, just, only...".

Love to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment