Sunday, September 4, 2011

What a sick week, sara ga,

What’s up with you all?

Anyways, the week, well first your questions, ha.

Food- We eat a lot of curry which I stinkin’ hated at first, but now I stinkin’ love it, ha. Dad should learn how to make it, ha, but your gang probably wouldn't like it. It’s super oily and what not but when you have to eat it you learn to love it, ha. Elder Tafuna'i can make it way good, he is a stinkin’ chef. He's been teaching me some tricks too, so that is sweet. As for other stuff, I love the fish we eat here, there is one especially good one. We eat the fried fish or however it’s cooked with this stuff called mity that’s really good.  It’s just coconut milk with like onions that you put on fish and veggies. We also eat a ton of chicken here all differently cooked and what not, but we always have bomb dinners.

The New Training- It’s just for the intakes coming in now, I didn't have to do it and unless I train someone I never will.  It really just adds an extra hour to studies, haha, so I'm kind of glad I don't have to do it (three hours is good for me, by that time I'm just itching to get out of the house, haha). But there is another thing about it; it’s the fundamentals of Preach My Gospel. It just refines PMG to focus more on the basics but we really haven't dealt a whole lot with it here. I know what they are but I haven't used them.

Now to the week. We always have a blast each week, living with Elder Malohifo'ou is sweet, he's the bomb.  (FYI Elder Fisher trained Elder Malo, so we talk about Fisher all the time. Sounds like they had some fun times together, haha). But ya, the office is sweet but it took some getting used to. We’re still busy, just in a different way, but it’s not too bad anymore. But being able to go to Nausori last week made me miss teaching way bad. We got to go out to a couple Koro's/Villages and teach out there, that was sick. Just teaching at night with nothing but a lantern for light and all in Fijian was way sweet.  It made me realize how much I need to work on my Fijian, but all in all I felt pretty good about it.  They talked faster than the people in Suva so it was hard to understand but I caught most of it.

Dang, Utah State did really good! Ha, I know a family in Suva that has a son who goes out with us a lot, but they have ESPN, hahahaha, classic! But I just told him to watch the game and call me when it’s over, so I knew that already, ha!  I had him give me updates on the other games, so that was sweet.  I'm stoked to get updates, though, throughout the season and when Malo goes home his one job is to send me updates and what not, letting me know how it goes.

Oh ya, as for the baptism talk, I give quite a few of them. All of the people I was going to baptize in Suva 1st Ward, so that’s just the norm, but it’s fun, I like it.

Say hi to that gang in Duchesne for me. Man, Keaton and Trey look like they have grown a ton!

The Fiji National basketball team is in New Caledonia right now for the Pacific games so we haven't played basketball with them for a while, but we will go play b-ball and volleyball in about an hour for P Day.
So Happy Father’s Day to Dad and the Gramps, also Happy Birthday to Grandma, hope you and the gang had a good day.

That’s it for now.

Peace and Blessings,

Elder Hanke

Sounds like he’s doing well.  And yes, it is Father’s Day in Fiji!  J  And by the way, "Elder Fisher" is my sweet friend Suzanne's son Brayden.... who returned from the Fiji Suva mission one week before Garrett got his call last year.  Small world.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment