Monday, September 26, 2011

The latest and greatest from Fiji...

Sup my matavuvale, 

Pretty interesting week; a lot went on so it was really busy again. It seems like every week is super busy, ha.  I feel bad mama, because the office work is hard stuff on the brain.

Anyways, first off, Elder Malohifo'ou is finishing his mission today so it’s been crazy. His family will be in Suva in about an hour and then he will be gone (but he will still be here for a week just spending time with his family and the people he was around for the last few years). So all week he has been freaking out, he was acting like a giant 12 year old girl (it kind of sucked, I'm not gonna lie).

Here’s the cool story for this week, though (I actually have one!).  So yesterday in church there was an unfamiliar face in the young men’s crowd and it turned out to be this kid who wasn't a member but he goes to the LDS school and he is enrolled in seminary and came to church, so pretty much the most Golden investigator possible.  I can't even think of a more perfect situation for this kid, I know he will be dunked in the waters of baptism in about a month.  We have our first lesson with him on Wednesday at 5:30, which is awesome because I haven't taught a lesson in forever, like four weeks (at least in my area).  But I'm super pumped for it; this is probably the biggest blessing I have received so far on my mission, someone that is so prepared that I won't even have to do hardly anything!  It is perfect, I’m so stoked!

That’s the only story I have really, and other than that I'm still stuck here in the offices just doing all sorts of nonsense, but such is life, haha.  Everything is so good though at the same time. I can't really explain it, but my life is so set, it’s not even funny. I freakin’ love it, sara ga man.  Hopefully we can start teaching this other family that I believe is prepared, too, and if that works there will be like seven baptisms next month, so things are just the bomb right now.

And the whole FRIENDS IN THE FIELD dealio, that was pretty sweet.  Keep doing that cuz it was way sweet to hear about all those in the gang and how they are doing. They are all workin’ it, I just hope I can be as good as Jacks, Dalt and all of them.

Anyways, sounds like you all had a good week and that’s always good to hear.

Peace and Blessings,

Elda Tavoi

We were able to email back and forth with Garrett a little bit again on Sunday, so here's a little more of our conversation:

I asked if he’d received a package we’d sent a few weeks ago:

Ya, I got the other package, thanks for that it was the bomb, haha. But really the shirts are what I'm looking for, haha (he asked to have some t-shirts printed and sent over for himself and some of the other missionaries).  If it’s possible you should send a 6XL tall shirt with SWK on it for Elder Diloi (the new companion), he is a freaking huge kid and he doesn't have very many shirts that fit so that would be a blessing for him (if not 6XL then as big as you can).  My comp is huge and hilarious, ha.  He is the man and we still see his family a bunch, which I don't think he is a huge fan of it so I don't know what will happen.

I asked how he has been feeling and if he’d received other emails:

YYYeeeeeeaaaahahhahh, I feel great, no worries. And ya, I got a lot of good e-mails from friends and family, which is awesome.

I sent a picture of Steve with some hot peppers that we got at the fruit/veggie stand:

Oh ya, haha, that’s classic man.  We eat some stinkin’ hot food here, these little chilies called rockets.  Man they are hot!  But man all of the other elders I'm with today freakin’ love Dad’s mustache, haha.

So there you go, the whole nine yards of the email correspondence from yesterday.  By the way, when Garrett wrote about “FRIENDS IN THE FIELD”, he is referring to a “newsletter” that a friend’s mother put together.  Her son, Jackson, is one of Garrett’s good friends (he is serving in Indianapolis); the newsletter includes updates on several of the boys Garrett’s age that are all buddies that she’ll send out monthly.  The boys are spread all over the country and world…Indiana, Oregon, Russia, Paraguay, Guatemala, South Africa (sweet, huh, Dallon?!), Tonga  and the last one just got his call today to South Dakota.  What a great group of kids, we love all of them.

Ciao for now… thanks to everyone for your love and support!

(Oh, and do I smell Conference Breakfast in the air....?  Yummmmmm!!)  J

No comments:

Post a Comment