Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What’s up, Bula Bula Bula
Some crazy awesome news, as well as not so awesome, so thanks for it, haah.
Anywhobiwhatey, our week was pretty crazy, no updates on those people other than, we didn’t get to see them.
We did quite a bit of work with less actives and then just enjoyed Conference. And what a time it was, I love conference on the mish.  So it’s like taking an adrenaline shot of inspiration, I learned so much and felt the spirit so strong.
I only have time to share one experience this week. so we listened to the talk from Pres. Monson yesterday about following promptings from the Spirit and he always has the best stories about him doing that, well yesterday we had our own like that. This is a testimony to me about how much God really does care about all of us. So yesterday we went to Hayward across the Bay to visit some of our investigators we went and neither of them were home, so we went to visit a less active family that stays in Hayward. We usually don't go because the father works 24/7 and we can’t go in without another man home, but we figured we could just stop by and say hi. Well let me tell you, we showed up and the Dad answered the door which threw me for a loop first then as we came in and started  talking to him and learned that he had just lost his job the day before and that their rent was due in two weeks and about how stressed he was over the whole situation until he watched Conference.  While watching it he had a good feeling come over him just letting him know that everything would be alright, and then when we showed up he said it was like a seal of approval for him, knowing that God was watching out for him and letting him know that he knows exactly what each person is going through and will send help. We were able to testify to him that God prompted us to go there because He knew what he needed.  I’m very grateful for moments like these on my mission, they are a great strength and I hope all others can follow the same promptings and then feel the same feelings of gratitude and love as I have come to feel.
Peace and blessings,
Elder Hanke
I have to presume the "not so awesome news" was BYU's win over Utah State - that was a bummer! 

Enjoyed Conference this weekend, below is a quote from one of my favorite talks.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment