Monday, May 21, 2012

Not much to report this week from Elder Hanke.  We did get to have a sweet phone call with him on Mother’s Day, which was awesome.  He sounded great… he's getting adjusted and back to his “old self”, while realizing and accepting that his mission life now is almost completely different than it was in Fiji.  This will definitely make him appreciate things in a different way than before (we can sense that already, after five short weeks in Oakland).
I did get an amazing letter for Mother’s Day also.  He wrote lots of memories from growing up, which pulled on my heartstrings, and may have possibly caused me to shed a few tears.  That is a letter that I will treasure forever!
Garrett’s “modus operandi” when it comes to email seems to be…”You send me a good email, you get one back” (with his parents at least).  J  Fortunately, Steve got an email off to Garrett in time today, because I didn’t.   Here’s the response he got back…
Dang, haha, sounds like a lot going on back there.

We have a lot going on here as well. Zone conference is tomorrow for the missionaries.  My mission president goes home sometime next month so everyone is kind of all acting weird about getting a new one, but I have no worries. Ha, the new one will be my fourth mission president!  Haha, crazy.  

We don’t teach nearly as much here as we did in Fiji.  Over there I would average like 20 something lessons a week, and here we’re blessed to get 10, but that’s alright, nothing I can do about it.

Peace and blessings,

Your son

I did chat back and forth with him a little bit, and his final response said:

Sorry, no time for a good email.  All is well, thank you for the letter you sent, it was good, and the talk thing was sweet.  Tell that guy thank you.

So… that’s all for now, folks. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the warmer weather!
Take care and have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment