Sunday, February 12, 2012

Elder Hanke didn't have much to say this week.  Steve and I both had a couple of emails back and forth with him, all short and sweet. Steve sent him a picture of a tool collection of Grandpa Ed's that will belong to Garrett when he gets home, and also told him that he was waiting for Grandma Von's pork roast to come out of the oven.  In addition, he mentioned to Gar that I should be thinking about getting a condo in St. George. (Yes, Steve wrote that!)  Gar's response:

Hahaha you think you are getting hungry ha i'm starting to drool that sounds so good, ha.

Ya, those tools look awesome and it will be a privelage to have them, I'll have to put some good work in with them. That's one really important thing, that I want to be just like you.  I have always thought and still think that if I ever needed anything to be done you could do it yourself and not need help. I hope that I can be the same.

On the opposite side of things, the only response to my email was:

I'm trying to load a pictrue or 2 for you so that will be my e'mail, i think this computer is just way slow.

Pictures... are you kidding??  Okay, since I've been begging for months, I'll trade a good email for pictures (can't we get both?).

His next response was:


Dad told me to tell you to get a condo in st. George?........what the heck to that? And the picture deal isn't working and i don't have time to type a long e-mail so.....sorry about today i guess.
Peace and blessings,
Love,
Elder Hanke
So.... I guess that's it for the week.  I'll go with the "better some news than no news at all" theory. (We've tried the "no news"; I'd definitely rather have a few words than none at all.)
Hope everyone has a nice week.  Happy Valentines Day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment